Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Should You Buy Artificial Jewellery or a Silver One? Read This Before You Checkout

“All the glitters is not gold” - A quite common saying, right? But, still, the glitters appear so inviting at times and shine more than the gold itself. You get oodles of it for your penny so ditching the real doesn’t hurt so much. Soon, as the clock ticks, the shine starts to fade, glitters lose its charm, and you are left with the memories of that penny that should have been investing in the gold.

A woman can never have enough of jewellery. Being a fashion aficionado, it’s my second nature to check out my wardrobe for a fine piece of jewellery every time I am going to a party or attending a wedding. I believe ‘random’ shouldn’t be the word when you buy jewellery online. Selecting and finalizing anything that completes you is an art. Any piece you choose should be forever and artistic.

Even after considering all the recent hype about artificial jewellery, I personally don’t think that it is a good, long-term investment. Thumbs up to its affordability, however, I have seen high-quality silver jewellery going as cheaper as artificial ones.


For instance, I bought an imitation alloy ring for ₹750 in gold polish and CZ embellishment. I would be honest with you here. The sheen and allure of the ring startled me as soon as I opened the box. It was shinier than my gold engagement ring. I thought it will come in handy for party occasions. Then the close inspection took place. We girls just don’t stop at taking an overlook when it comes to ornaments.

Well, zooming in was a bit frightening as I could see the scabrous surface with some dots-like metal impurities on the top, scattered all over the surface. Even the resplendence of gold polish wasn’t able to hide the roughness of the metal. Moreover, the big, contemporary stones weren’t fit properly. Overall, the piece was way outstripped of ‘perfection’.

A flux of dejection hit my insides. What if one of my friends likes the ring at a party and ask me to give her a close look at it? What if they notice the glitches? They will assuredly make a point out of it. I had just wasted 750 of my precious bucks. I can’t wear it anywhere now, not when the noticing eyes are all around.

I brought and put next to it one of the silver rings I bought from Aretha a month ago. It was just ₹830. Not as flashy as this one. But quite a decent piece. So delicate and smooth that you can’t find a flaw. Fine craftsmanship, beautifully fixed SZ, and such a shine that binds your soul to it. It reflected royalty, perfection, and more than anything else - the divine hint of elegance. The piece clearly wasn’t ‘occasion-bounded’. It was made to enhance your grace wherever you go. And with 92.5% silver purity, you can’t complain about the price. Just 100 bucks more and I got a 100-times better piece.

While buying silver rings online, it is easy to get fooled. Hence, make sure not to follow the flash and pay whatever is stated. Artificial jewellery is mostly polished, not put together well and it often loses its shine after five to six uses. Instead, aim for precious metals with gold and rhodium ‘platings’ so you face compliments instead of criticism. Be wise and spend your money on something that stays valuable after years.


Resource URL - https://goo.gl/YH1ah9


For more you can get in touch from our social links -

Facebook  - https://www.facebook.com/ArethaJewels/
Twitter  - https://twitter.com/arethajewels
Pinterest  - https://in.pinterest.com/arethajewels/
Google plus  - https://plus.google.com/100823800247435196371
Instagram  - https://www.instagram.com/arethajewels/
Youtube - https://goo.gl/V9CVoZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Try These 4 Alluring Statement Earrings to Achieve a Flaunt Style

Earrings are the most beautiful piece of jewellery that can be paired with any clothing such as an ethnic wear or a casual wear. Earrings...